The Media Specialist will assist all Roxeter staff members with graphics, video, and audio needs and produce recordings and video to publish as required.
To achieve these goals, he or she will:
- Record events as required, sound or sound and video;
- Edit sound and video to create a product that can be used on the blog, and by performers;
- Take and edit pictures to assist bloggers;
- Liaise with other staff members to arrange for a recording of an event;
- Make graphics as needed for other staff members, such as an advertisement for an upcoming event.
- Knowledge of a graphics program, such as Gimp or Photoshop;
- Knowledge of audio recording programs, such as Audacity;
- Knowledge of video recording software, such as Fraps;
- Knowledge of video editing programs, such as Photoshop.
- The ability to edit together audio, snapshots, text, and video to produce videos for the Roxeter.com blog.
This position requires a considerable time investment and commitment, and is not for someone looking for a title without associated duties. If you are interested in a lesser role, please consider applying to be an assistant to the Media Specialist.
If this position, or an assistant role, would be interest you, please contact Vivienne Daguerre in Second Life, or use the contact form on the About Us page.