The Social Events Planner will organize social events for the community in general to promote a sense of community and provide opportunities to meet people and form friendships.
To achieve these goals, he or she will:
- On a regular basis organize discussions, game nights, dances, and other group activities;
- Arrange special events such as weddings and seasonal event parties;
- Arrange an appropriate meeting area for special interest or support groups, such as religious groups, weight loss groups, mental health groups, etc.
- Arrange for DJs or live performers to provide musical background if appropriate;
- Liaise with Radio Station staff to provide appropriate music for special events, such as wedding, or coverage of discussions;
- Liaise with security staff to provide security for events, if appropriate;
- Decorate as need be for social events;
- Ensure that group participants are aware of the sim rules and Linden Lab Terms of Service for a moderate rated region;
- Promote events by sending out notices in the appropriate groups and listing the event on the Second Life events page.
- A love of meeting people, making friends, and having fun with friends.
This position requires a considerable time investment and commitment, and is not for someone looking for a title without associated duties. If you are interested in a lesser role, please consider applying to be an assistant to the Social Events Planner.
If this position, or an assistant role, would be interest you, please contact Vivienne Daguerre in Second Life, or use the contact form on the About Us page.